Cauliflower is so Amazing!
Cauliflower is the new trend! You can now find cauliflower everything….from pancakes to pizza. For those on a low carb diet, cauliflower is your new best friend! Yes, you can now have pizza on a low carb diet. Not only is cauliflower versatile, it also has many benefits.
Here are several important benefits:
- Aids in weight loss; it is low in calories, only 25 calories per cup, has zero grams of fat, helps reduce constipation, due to its high fiber content.
- Helps reduce cancer risk; Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that has also been shown to kill cancer stem cells, thereby slowing tumor growth
- Assist in hormonal balance; Consuming a diet rich in whole foods and antioxidant-filled vegetables like cauliflower has been shown to help balance hormones partially by reducing unhealthy levels of estrogen
- Preserves eye health; contains sulforaphane which protects the retinal.
- Contains high levels of vitamins and minerals; a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
- Fights inflammation; contains indole-3-carbino, an anti-inflammatory that helps prevent the inflammatory responses at its foundation level
- Decrease risk of heart disease; contains antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, which helps keep arteries and blood clots plaque free and lessens the chances of high blood pressure.
If you do not like Cauliflower, do not worry, cauliflower is not the only cruciferous, here is a full list of cruciferous vegetables and their benefits:
For an amazing Cauliflower Pizza visit: