It's National Lobster Day
This is a decadent and healthy lobster bisque infused with shrimp and lump crab that is surprisingly easy to prepare. Your guests will be impressed and feel pampered. I serve this with whole wheat Naan bread.
- 3 tablespoons Ghee butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped orange bell peppers
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound cooked lump lobster
- 1/2 pound cooked lump crab
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, and season with salt and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable and broth mixture into the container of a blender, and add 1/4 cup of the lobster meat, Shrimp and crab.
- Cover, and process until smooth. Return to the saucepan, and stir in the almond milk, white wine, and remaining lobster meat, Shrimp and crab.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until thickened, about 30 minutes.